UBERE MAMA MAKES IN BRITAINAlthough cheaper manufacturing from Europe and the Far East is alluring! It is important that Ubere Mama from its set up has sourced fabrics and trims through UK companies-and I have taken the choice to design and manufacture all Ubere Mama garments in the UK. I became a Member of the UK Trade organization Make it British-where there is a huge following of brands across a broad spectrum of manufacturing sectors that are turning more to have their goods made in the UK. Wanting to contribute in returning growth to the UK Fashion and Textile Industry -that is why I have made the Make It British commitment.
Here are 10 reasons Ubere mama makes in UK.
1. Faster and Easy to build good relationships with manufacturers
Being able to meet face to face with our manufacture aids faster communication and more flexibility in doing business.
2. Greater control
- With greater communication comes greater control. One can check on progress, on quality control and negotiate better when our factory is within easy reach.
3. Develop ideas easily with factories
- Being able to meet with manufacturers regularly in person quickly achieves faster responses.
4. You are never more than a few hours away if there is a problem
- Things do, and probably will, go wrong in manufacturing. Keeping manufacturing local means easily to get to, and resolve, any issues quickly.
- Fast delivery is possible to and from anywhere within the UK. No more waiting weeks while new stock is at sea. Product can be on line, ready to sell, straight away.
6. Customers appreciate a ‘made in Britain’ label
- The results of a recent Make it British survey found that ‘When it comes to building trust, knowing that a retailer is selling goods that are made in the UK is one of the main things that gives shoppers the confidence to buy’.
7. It helps create employment in the UK
- The more products that are made in the UK, the more job security and opportunities for providing skills there will be.
8. The carbon footprint of a product is reduced if it is made locally
- By simply taking out the travel to and from an overseas manufacturer, and the shipping of samples and goods, it will significantly reduce the carbon footprint of product.
9. Ubere mama is proud that all products are made in Britain.
- All areas of Ubere Mamas' product chain, from labelling, trims, fabrics and garment manufacturing-are sourced from UK companies..
- We have a strong heritage of design and manufacturing in Britain. Ubere Mama is proud that the brand is British-made and knows that it will add value to customers in UK and overseas.
10. Great Britain becomes a nation of makers again
- We are reinforcing the manufacturing sector by making our product in UK. If we can make it here – we always should. Otherwise we will lose the manufacturers and the skills needed to make the high quality products we are traditionally known for. So let’s keep supporting UK manufacturing! Through purchasing Ubere Mama clothing you are achieving this!